Do you suffer from hair loss?
Are you noticing signs of baldness?
So many people spend their time and money on hair. Through this blog, let’s understand how hair fall occurs and how to prevent it.
What is hair fall?
We usually shed 30-100 hair strands a day as it’s a part of a natural hair balance, but when there is Excessive hair loss with areas of baldness is something to be worried about.
Causes of hair fall:-
- Family history or Hereditary hair fall:- most common. In males, it is usually a receding hairline or bald spot on the head, and in females, it starts with thinning of hair.
- Traumatic Events:- Any surgeries or accidental injury can trigger hair fall and in these cases, hair starts growing back on its own after some time.
- Age:- Most people with age notice hair growth slows and hair follicles stop growing hair, causing thinning of hair, and hair also starts losing color.
- Hormonal imbalance- PCOS leads to increased levels of Testosterone and eventually plays a role in hair fall, especially in women.
- Medical condition:- Like psoriasis, depression, stress, after covid effect, ringworm and dandruff, or many other conditions, this is reversed once the condition is treated.
- Diet:- Diet low in proteins, Vitamin C, A, Vitamin E, and Vitamin B7 can lead to Hair Loss.
- Different hairstyles:- Tying hair too tightly or frequent chemical treatments can result in hair loss.
Type of hair fall:-
- Androgenic Alopecia:- The most common type of hair fall in both men and women starts in the teenage years. This disease shows gradual hair loss from the frontal scalp, the crown causing receding hairline. Patches of baldness are seen.
- Alopecia Areata:- It is a permanent loss of hair and is known as an autoimmune disease. Very less chances of hair growing back on the scalp. Total baldness is usually seen.
- Scarring Alopecia or Traction Alopecia:- It is a kind of irreversible hair fall due to Inflammatory skin conditions like folliculitis, acne, and cellulitis, which results in scarring that destroys the hair’s ability to regenerate.
- Telogen Effluvium:- In this condition, hair fall occurs due to complete hair growth.
Signs of hair fall that you should not ignore and seek an immediate consult
- Hair falling in clumps or patches
- Thinning of hair
- Hair becoming brittle
- Hair breaking easily
- Sign of baldness
- Receding hairlines
- Losing hair strands daily
How is hair fall diagnosed?
A few tests are performed to diagnose the hair fall problem:-
- Physical hair pull test
- Blood test
- Scalp biopsy
- Light microscopy
How to treat and prevent hair fall?
- Consume a diet rich in proteins. Eat a lot of meat, fish, soy, and proteins to reduce hair loss and promote hair growth.
- Use mild shampoo: Chemical-free shampoos are the best you can do for your hair, as chemicals can further aggravate your hair loss.
- Oil your Hair:- Oiling hair frequently or regularly helps to keep hair in shape and condition. Mix essential oils such as lavender, castor, and almond oils and massage the scalp for at least 15 minutes, improving circulation and reducing hair fall.
- Stay Hydrated:- Hair shafts contain 50% water; therefore, drinking a lot of water is essential to avoid hair fall. Drink at least 3 liters of water daily to stay hydrated and keep hair healthy.
- Exercise:- It helps to maintain good and healthy hair. Daily 30 minutes of exercise improves blood circulation of the scalp and will balance the hormones and stress levels, which can impact hair growth.
- Use a satin pillow:- Pillows also play a significant role in hair fall. Friction with pillow cover and uncomfortable pillow lead to hair breakage and fall. Switching to a satin pillowcase decreases hair fall.
- Keep the scalp clean: Oily or sweaty hair leads to dandruff during summer, increasing hair fall. Keep the scalp sweat-free and clean by using mild shampoo. \
- Stay Away from Chemicals:- Hair coloring or straightening hair harms hair. If suffering from a hair fall, don’t undergo any chemical treatment as it will worsen the hair fall situation.
Treatment of hair depends on the cause of hair fall. The doctor will suggest some nutrition supplements, medicines, and further treatments for your hair fall.
Hair is the crown of our personality. Don’t live with the fear of hair loss. Consult our Doctor today and get the proper treatment